Looking For A Healthy Alternative To Coffee?
Here’s why sticky chai is a must for your daily routine
Want an energy boost but without the caffeine hangover? Try our Sticky Chai – It tastes great and it’s good for you!
You’ve probably heard of chai tea or chai latte. Well, sticky chai is the new kid on the block. If you haven’t tried one yet, you don’t know what you’re missing!
With its sweet aromatic flavour and spicy notes, sticky chai warms the body and invigorates the mind. Plus it’s highly nutritious and beneficial for your health.
What is Sticky Chai?
Chai tea is a traditional Indian spiced tea brewed in milk. Sticky chai, on the other hand, is a blend of fresh chai spices and black tea, coated in honey or syrup. It’s a delicious, indulgent drink that’s addictive.
Chai is well-known for its extensive health benefits and it’s been used for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine to heal the body. Simmering sticky chai in milk unleashes the aroma of the spices, creating a mouth-watering drink which can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
What’s in Sticky Chai?
The ingredients in chai tea vary from region to region, with the most common spices being cardamom, star anise, cinnamon, vanilla, cloves and black pepper. Every spice and ingredient has its part to play and adds to the overall decadent taste of sticky chai.
What makes our sticky chai so special is: its vegan (bee-friendly), organic and fructose-free. We don’t use honey. Instead, we blend our spices with organic rice malt syrup which is easier for the body to process and it doesn’t strain the digestive system like high-fructose sweeteners do.
Our sticky chai contains:
- Ceylon cinnamon: a premium cinnamon which adds to the pungent flavour.
- Star anise: a sweet, liquorice-like flavour to tantalise your tastebuds.
- Ginger: a warming herb with anti-inflammatory and anti-nausea properties.
- Assam black tea: an Indian tea packed-full of antioxidants.
- Cardamom: an aromatic digestive herb which stimulates circulation, detoxifies the body and supports immunity.
- Turmeric: a powerful anti-inflammatory herb with lots of antioxidants.
- Aniseed: an aromatic herb to stimulate digestion and reduce bloating.
- Peppercorn: adds a little spice and it’s great for digestion and fat-burning.
- Clove: this antibacterial spice creates a little heat and extra aroma.
- Vanilla: its naturally sweet flavour balances out the spice.
- Rice malt syrup: vegan-friendly and fructose-free, making easier to digest.
Chai tea health benefits
Chai spices and herbs have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. They also contain a lots of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.
Adding sticky chai tea to your daily routine may:
- Balance blood sugar levels
- Support your immune system
- Improve your digestion and gut bacteria
- Reduce inflammation
- Protect your body from free radical damage and disease
- Lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- Increase your overall wellbeing and vitality
Is chai tea good for you?
It sure is! Sticky chai is packed full of nutrients and is a healthy alternative to coffee. You can sip on a cup any time of the day and be transported to vibrant India.
Want to try sticky chai?
Written by Michelle Sanchez
Michelle is our qualified Naturopath, Nutritionist and Medical Herbalist. Her areas of expertise include digestive issues, detoxification, weight loss, hormonal health, natural fertility management and mental health. Michelle is also a wellness blogger and author who believes good nutrition and a healthy lifestyle are key for optimum health and vitality.